Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

Re: Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Post by throbster »

https://justthenews.com/nearly-50000-do ... oclamation

End the lockdowns! Listen to the science!
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

asher2789 wrote: Nov 17th, '20, 21:27
throbster wrote: Nov 17th, '20, 20:28 Rand Paul is a physician with his medical degree from Duke.
rand paul is a f*** ophthalmologist. fauci is an infectious disease doctor with decades of experience working under bipartisan administrations and was at the forefront of fighting the early HIV/AIDs epidemic. i trust him far more than an ideologue who's ideology is at direct odds with government intervention on anything besides allowing legal bribery.

keep crying. i know, its hard being an adult and having to follow directions. youll get through this. :violin
Would you have a surgeon who is 79 years old perform surgery or a 57 year old? Not sure I would of picked Fauci as my spokesperson. It didn't take a brain surgeon to know that the virus was going to go crazy like the cold does in the winter months and go to near nothing in the summer. I give more credit to the doctor who mentioned that UV light kills the virus and bacteria. This is one of the reasons why sewage treatment plants switched from chlorine to UV treatment before dumping the graywater into streams and brooks. For the winter the sun is low in the sky, solar radiation is diluted due to the travel through the atmosphere. But lets continue to politicize this virus I stocked up on popcorn for the pandemic and its more entertaining.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm confused BigEd. The experts including Fauci were saying the risk of transmission would increase during winter from day one. None of what you said here conflicts with what experts like Fauci have been saying all along.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

LarryAck
Blue Chatterbox

Post by LarryAck »

biged wrote: Nov 19th, '20, 10:02
throbster wrote: Nov 17th, '20, 20:28 Rand Paul is a physician with his medical degree from Duke.
rand paul is a f*** ophthalmologist. fauci is an infectious disease doctor with decades of experience working under bipartisan administrations and was at the forefront of fighting the early HIV/AIDs epidemic. i trust him far more than an ideologue who's ideology is at direct odds with government intervention on anything besides allowing legal bribery.

keep crying. i know, its hard being an adult and having to follow directions. youll get through this. :violin
Would you have a surgeon who is 79 years old perform surgery or a 57 year old? Not sure I would of picked Fauci as my spokesperson. It didn't take a brain surgeon to know that the virus was going to go crazy like the cold does in the winter months and go to near nothing in the summer. I give more credit to the doctor who mentioned that UV light kills the virus and bacteria. This is one of the reasons why sewage treatment plants switched from chlorine to UV treatment before dumping the graywater into streams and brooks. For the winter the sun is low in the sky, solar radiation is diluted due to the travel through the atmosphere. But lets continue to politicize this virus I stocked up on popcorn for the pandemic and its more entertaining.

The reason for the spread is more people are spending time indoors. It does not have much to do with the temperatures. If that is your argument look at Arizona cases during July, August, and September. The case count went up, when it was 110 in the shade. Why? In Arizona during those months most people stay indoors, since you can fry an egg on the sidewalk.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

LarryAck wrote: Nov 19th, '20, 11:30

The reason for the spread is more people are spending time indoors. It does not have much to do with the temperatures. If that is your argument look at Arizona cases during July, August, and September. The case count went up, when it was 110 in the shade. Why? In Arizona during those months most people stay indoors, since you can fry an egg on the sidewalk.
Unfortunately before May not enough testing to validate that logic. The graph is flat in August. Hike across Arizona in August and tell me you wouldn't rather be in A.C. inside. In regards to my logic you see a huge increase in confirmed cases when the testing was ramped up at the end of may thru July. Testing in August was consistent with the ramp up in July and cases are flat. Look at the amount of test performed before May 25 and you will see that the curve was flat then. Radiation from sunlight kills the virus which was my point, Not heat.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Nov 19th, '20, 09:37 If I had to guess the same people who don't wear masks won't get a vaccine...
My son's girlfriend who is a nurse working in VA hospitals told me today that the vaccine is being given in the hospital but she is reluctant to get it because they don't know what the effects will be and nurses like her are worried that it may effect their child bearing in the future. She says she will wait until they give more information on it. BTW she wears masks all the time as well as more equipment when dealing with Covid patients.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

this is the most idiotic thing ive ever read.

id rather have a 79 year old surgeon than a 57 year old non surgeon performing surgery on me. but thats besides the point. an ophthalmologist has minimal infectious disease training and vice versa. would you go to an early childhood educator for a college education (maybe you did...)? i mean its all education right? :roll:

i know all about UV. my job is related to it. yes, if everyone upgraded their HVAC systems to the latest and greatest technologies then being inside would be less harmful and the virus would be less likely to spread (but not impossible... as a local UV manufacturer who has their own products running in their factory just had a minor outbreak despite the highest precautions). same if every building and house upgraded all their door handles to copper... same if everyone wore masks for essential errands and otherwise stayed home for 3 weeks.

the reason why illness in the winter is worse than the summer is because people are inside, and the sun is out for a shorter period of time than the summer so less UV radiation, absolutely nothing to do with temperature. if temperature mattered, we'd see a clear difference between southern and northern hemisphere cases. there is none. the only differences are what countries are run with competent, serious, scientifically minded people and what countries are run by unstable ideologues who cater to populist "know nothing"ism. which is why the US, brazil and the UK are doing awful.

as for the "near nothing" during the summer... it has just been going up and up and up and up nationwide. but you know... facts... really hard to square away with trumpism narratives...
Last edited by asher2789 on Nov 20th, '20, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Read above...the most COHERENT statement from Asser to date...cue...that breezy , nothing but wind passin thru sound...
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

asher2789 wrote:.
Empty. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

hillbangin wrote: Nov 20th, '20, 17:18
asher2789 wrote:.
Empty. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
double post, tried to delete, couldnt. :roll:
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Pretty easy to get sh*t on here. Don't even need to say anything at all!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 22nd, '20, 22:51 Pretty easy to get sh*t on here. Don't even need to say anything at all!
somebody has to contrast the whiny right wing rhetoric around here from over privileged skiers who think they're entitled to be in my state without quarantining...

im pretty sure at this point if trump said the sky was orange and 2+2=5 his fervent death cult followers would be spewing ignorant right wing propaganda about how the sky is orange and 2+2=5. after all, they're armchair scientists and mathematicians with their degrees from fraudulent trump university!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Nov 22nd, '20, 23:33
Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 22nd, '20, 22:51 Pretty easy to get sh*t on here. Don't even need to say anything at all!
somebody has to contrast the whiny right wing rhetoric around here from over privileged skiers who think they're entitled to be in my state without quarantining...

im pretty sure at this point if trump said the sky was orange and 2+2=5 his fervent death cult followers would be spewing ignorant right wing propaganda about how the sky is orange and 2+2=5. after all, they're armchair scientists and mathematicians with their degrees from fraudulent trump university!
We prefer to keep the whiny right wing rhetoric in the Political Forum along with the ever so “intelligent” left wing response.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

thank you Bubs. Asser.....your petulant , whiny entitled.just.cause.Im. gay is growing SO painfully old...in addition?... DO let the throngs n masses know...if there is actually a Cliff Notes v2.0 to your all to often venting diatribes.