Best boot shop?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

deadheadskier
Post Office

Re: Best boot shop?

Post by deadheadskier »

Some of it user preference. I was 5'8 180 last season and in a 130 flex. I've dropped 10# and hope to stay there for this year and don't anticipate my boots feeling too stiff. I ski a Nordica Speedmachine 130S. Nordicas are somewhat known for being on the softer side compared to say Lange though.
heiusa
Blue Chatterbox

Post by heiusa »

I have always had a great experience at Northern Ski Works - https://northernskiworks.com/product-ca ... ski-boots/
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

HelmetCam wrote: Aug 28th, '24, 05:56
Mister Moose wrote: Aug 27th, '24, 16:14 Do you care about grip walk vs older skis?
I didn't even know this was a thing. Seems niche. Anybody have experience with this?
Yes - For those of us that have that have a ski quiver that covers the last decade. Half my skis have GTW Bindings and the other half do not. My solution is to have the ski shop swap out the GTW soles to the normal flat soles on the last couple new pairs of boots that I purchased. Need another new pair of boots this year so this niche issue is still in play in my world.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

Thanks GIS. For future skis are you going with GTW bindings? If you hit could hit reset on all the gear which setup would you choose?