Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Unfortunately, Omarosa works for the United States. Therefore, the US would be responsible for pursuing NDAs because they would be the beneficiary of such an agreement. I suspect there are some first amendment issues here as well. Unless Omarosa is revealing top secret or other classified information ... me thinks she's in the clear. However, seems clear she's in the wrong when it comes to recording in the SCIF.

She's looking at a multimillion dollar lawsuit and 5-10 years of jail time (for the recording in the SCIF).
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Unfortunately, Omarosa works for the United States. Therefore, the US would be responsible for pursuing NDAs because they would be the beneficiary of such an agreement. I suspect there are some first amendment issues here as well. Unless Omarosa is revealing top secret or other classified information ... me thinks she's in the clear. However, seems clear she's in the wrong when it comes to recording in the SCIF.
She's looking at a multimillion dollar lawsuit and 5-10 years of jail time (for the recording in the SCIF).
Don't hold your breath. This is the same Trump Justice Department that didn't pursue Lois Lerner.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Highway Star wrote:When you take a nothingburger and put cheese on it, you get a cheese sandwich.

Leftists live on cheese sandwiches.
I mean if you want to keep calling these repeated displays of incompetence by the commander in chief "nothingburgers" then sure, I guess it's nothing.
Highway Star wrote:She's looking at a multimillion dollar lawsuit and 5-10 years of jail time (for the recording in the SCIF).
I'm curious to see what that litigation would look like. How would you even calculate damages for an NDA when there's nothing of monetary value that's being protected? I mean, what's the monetary value of the President's embarrassment? Also, I'd like to see how the courts address the First Amendment issues.

As to Omarosa violating some law relating to recording in the SCIF, I haven't heard yet what that would be. She didn't record or disclose anything classified, right? At least not yet. Federal wiretapping laws only require one party to consent so there's no issue there. So what law did she break?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:As to Omarosa violating some law relating to recording in the SCIF, I haven't heard yet what that would be. She didn't record or disclose anything classified, right? At least not yet. Federal wiretapping laws only require one party to consent so there's no issue there. So what law did she break?
From what I've read since my previous post I tend to agree with you. Apparently, there is nothing criminal in recording a conversation in the SCIF if there wasn't anything classified discussed. Since Omarosa held no clearances, it's unlikely anything classified was discussed with her. Recording in unclassified conversation in the SCIF is more or less a WH security violation, but alas she's already been separated.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

So can we then just focus on how ridiculous it is for any President or Presidential candidate to try to force his people to sign NDAs? I mean what are you trying to protect exactly? If there's classified information, there are laws that already protect it. Businesses use NDAs to protect their business and financial interests. This is the White House - it's the public's business. If it's not classified, then the President has no right to keep our employees from telling us what they know.

Also it's funny how the President likes to talk about taking his case directly to the public via twitter. He seems to value communicating with the public. Yet, he refuses to let his people communicate with us, and forces them to stay silent with NDAs. Seems like a yuuuuge hypocrite.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From what I've read today:

- Omarosa is saying she didn't sign the NDA and, rather than take the issue to court, the administration is using the arbitration clause in the allegedly unsigned NDA.

- NDA's are not unusual when someone takes a White House position, however, the wording of this NDA is closer to a corporate type NDA than what has previously been used by former administrations.

- The wording of the Trump administration NDA is problematic legally and possibly unenforceable, at least according to some analysts.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Call me a nerd but I'm curious to see if Don tries to litigate the supposed non-disclosure agreement to see if it actually holds up in court. It seems to me at the very least to be a bad precedent to have public employees sign NDAs, and there's a pretty good argument that it's unconstitutional.
Trump campaign takes legal action against Omarosa for NDA violation

http://hermancain.com/trump-campaign-ta ... violation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OMG ANOTHER scandal!!!!! compared to obama's completely scandal free administration this is just horrible....IMPEACH!!!
Being an unbearably disgusting racist is not an impeachable offense.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Bubba wrote:From what I've read today:

- Omarosa is saying she didn't sign the NDA and, rather than take the issue to court, the administration is using the arbitration clause in the allegedly unsigned NDA.

- NDA's are not unusual when someone takes a White House position, however, the wording of this NDA is closer to a corporate type NDA than what has previously been used by former administrations.

- The wording of the Trump administration NDA is problematic legally and possibly unenforceable, at least according to some analysts.
From what I've read, NDA's in government are unusual. Apparently the Obama administration felt they were unconstitutional.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opi ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.bustle.com/p/did-obama-requ ... n-10081835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Just another day in the trump train wreck. Total sh*t show.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
deadheadskier
Post Office

Post by deadheadskier »

Nikoli wrote:Just another day in the trump train wreck. Total sh*t show.
...elect a clown, expect a circus

No one should normalize his sh*t
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

cuz some people are stupid...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... y-902.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The Democrats probably come with a slight advantage as the opposition party," he said. "But in this circumstance what we have is a great economy like we have not seen before."

Mayur said his most recent poll, which was completed Aug. 2, shows a number of economic indicators that could work in the Republicans' favor.

The poll showed a jump in the number of voters who believe the country is headed in the right direction to 50.1 percent, the highest level since 2005.

The poll's Quality of Life Index rose 7 percent for the month to 64.2, which is the highest level in the polls' history, beating the previous high of 63.1 set back in 2004.

"Despite the trade wars and other stuff, economically we are in a golden time for the country," Mayur said. "That hardly gets any attention."
but but stormy, but but omarosa, but but sh!thole countries, but but they let him grab em on the pussy, but but butt...

cry on bitchez...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

deadheadskier wrote:
Nikoli wrote:Just another day in the trump train wreck. Total sh*t show.
...elect a clown, expect a circus

Unfortunately, I think it's human nature to accept as normal that which happens repeatedly. Trump's clown show has become a daily circus to the point where it's background noise for most people. It's going to pave the way, I think, for even more ridiculous leaders to take the stage. Prepare for the march of the reality tv star presidential candidates.

Here's an interesting article that illustrates the point:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 9b093a5bf0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump has already said such awful things that people have come to expect it of him. I suspect that even if there was a tape of Trump using the n-word, most of his supporters wouldn't care at all, and it probably wouldn't change the polling data much. People know what the man is by now.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 37795.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

What's all this fuss about ditching Brennan and other Intelligence people :sad:
Drumph has shown he is perfectly capable of screwing things up all by himself. :lol:

'All the best people' aren't inclined to stick around much longer.
12 weeks remain until the epiphany begins.
How many pardons can agent orange do before .. 86 45

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
deadheadskier
Post Office

Post by deadheadskier »

Attachments
FB_IMG_1534380390747.jpg
FB_IMG_1534380390747.jpg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 183 times